Skip to main content

Welcome!

Welcome to my e-portfolio! Welcome to Academic Writing in Education! 

This is my blog and e-portfolio for the course "English for Academic Purposes". 

My name's Silvana. I'm an English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teacher. I teach in primary, secondary and tertiary levels. I work in both private-run and public-run schools. I have been teaching for 16 years.

I've specialized in Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) / Educación Sexual Integral (ESI). I'm currently working as an ESI teacher at a public Teaching Training College in CABA. 

I started writing academic papers in 2019 for FAAPI and AJAL, and articles last for IATEFL's magazine "Voices" and SIGS' special issues. I've also written for Journals. I've recently discovered that I like researching, taking planning into action and writing, systematizing and sharing the outcomes.

My objectives for this course are learning more about Academic Writing, improving my writing skills, and working and learning collaboratively with other teachers throughout the country.

Thank you for visiting the blog!

Looking forward to reading you soon,

Silvana




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annotated Bibliography

Annotated Bibliography: Contributions of Corrective Feedback Yamashita, T. (2021). Corrective feedback in computer-mediated collaborative writing and revision contributions. Language Learning & Technology, 25(2), 75-93. http://hdl.handle.net/10125/73434 In the current study, Yamashita measures the effects of indirect corrective feedback (CF) during computer-mediated collaborative writing on grammatical accuracy. The study also aims to investigate how learners’ revision contributions predict their short and long-term learning. Through pretests and posttests with an innovative approach using animation description tasks, the author finds positive effects of CF in grammatical accuracy in later learners’ individual performance; as a result, the experimental group outperforms the comparison group. However, the research results are questionable since biographical variables, learners' proficiency, and peer interaction are not analyzed ; therefore, future research is encouraged. In spi...